October 7, 2014
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Vincent’s Parish hall (Across from Ray & Charles Deli)
101 St. Vincent Drive, route 739, Milford, Pa
Elder Justice Day is an informative seminar to educate and prevent Pike County seniors and those with disabilities from abuse and exploitation. By joining with experts from across the state and local leaders we bring information to share.
The Port Jervis, New York and Eastern Pike Regional, Pennsylvania, Police Departments are conducting coordinated DUI and DWI enforcement along the Pennsylvania-New York border during the Nationwide Impaired Driving Crackdown campaign, Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over, which runs from August 15, 2014 through September 1, 2014.
Chiefs Worden and Stewart recently met with the North Central Regional DUI Coordinator and the Orange County STOP-DWI Coordinator to plan enforcement strategies for the BORDER BLITZ. Police from both states will conduct Sobriety Checkpoints and Roving Patrols during the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over National Crackdown.
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department is part of The North Central Regional DUI
Enforcement Program. The program coordinates and conducts Pennsylvania DUI enforcement in Berks, Carbon, Columbia, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Pike, Schuylkill, Snyder and Union Counties and is funded by NHTSA and PennDOT.
The Port Jervis Police Department is part of the Orange County, New York STOP- DWI Program. The program coordinates funding received as part of the New York State Special Traffic Options Program for DWI.
New York and Pennsylvania Police officials recently met to plan coordinated Impaired Driving Enforcement in Orange County, New York and Pike County Pennsylvania during the Nationwide Crackdown.
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department received two awards for it’s participation in aggressive driving enforcement activities. The enforcement was conducted throughout Spring 2013 on roadways throughout Matamoras Borough and WestfallTownship.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded Officer Paul Martine and the department certificates of appreciation for their roll in continued efforts to curtail aggressive driving on state and local roadways in 2013.
The aggressive driving enforcement is a part of the Pennsylvania Aggressive Driving Enforcement and Education Project and is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department, The Pennsylvania Game Commission and the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission announce increased patrols over the summer. The Patrols will focus on Impaired Driving (DUI) and Boating under the influence (BUI). Boaters should be aware that under Pennsylvania Law the Penalties for BUI are the same as DUI. Whether Driving or boating use a designed driver if consuming alcoholic beverages.
On May 25, 2014 at approximately 10:15p.m. the Eastern Pike Regional Police Department was dispatched to an armed robbery occurring on Pennsylvania Avenue between 2nd and 4th street in Matamoras Borough. The victim described the suspect as a male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and grey shorts with a black handgun.
The victim had stopped for a pedestrian in a crosswalk when the suspect opened the passenger door and pointed a gun at the victim demanding the victim to drive. The perpetrator had the victim drive him towards the river bank where he stole a credit card and punched the victim in the face before fleeing over the riverbank.
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department is actively pursuing all leads and asks citizens with information to call Assistant Chief Stewart at 570-491-4040 or email your tip to email@example.com
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department are Continuing efforts to improve pedestrian safety in Matamoras Borough by continuing crosswalk enforcement initiatives along Pennsylvania Avenue.
The crosswalk awareness initiatives involve an off-duty, undercover police officer posing as a pedestrian crossing at a crosswalk. If oncoming drivers don’t stop for the pedestrian—as required by law—the vehicle will be pulled over by a marked patrol car further down the street.
Motorists can face fines of $50.00 for failure to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk. Crosswalk awareness initiatives are planned throughout the Borough with additional “yield to pedestrians in cross walk” signs being posted. Locations chosen are close to homes and businesses where the cross walks are used frequently.
The crosswalk awareness initiative is funded through a grant from the Aggressive Driving Special Projects Program funded by the Pennsylvania Department of transportation. Because the program uses off-duty police officers, it does not divert police resources from other crime-fighting efforts.
- 04/01/14 Christopher Morales, 35, of Montague NJ was charged with Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Tri-State Computer.
- 04/14/14 Kelly Smith, 49, of Dingmans Township was charged with Driving Under the Influence for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 04/29/14 M Michael Mansfield, 47, of Milford was charged with Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 04/29/14 Veronica Gleason, 28, of Poughkeepsie was charged with Disorderly Conduct for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/01/14 A 15 year old male from Port Jervis was charged with Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, Resisting Arrest, False ID to law enforcement, and Disorderly Conduct for an incident occurring in Matamoras Borough.
- 05/01/14 Rebecca Rinaldo, 25, of Matamoras was charged with Harassment for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 05/03/14 Megan Comfort, 26, of Matamoras was charged with Defiant Trespass and Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/03/14 Kelly Dean, 46, of Matamoras was charged with Defiant Trespass for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/03/14 Sara Rowland, 23, of Matamoras was charged with Defiant Trespass and Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/04/14, Tranelle Drake, 24 of Port Jervis was charged with Flight to avoid apprehension and Receiving stolen property for an incident occurring in Matamoras Borough.
- 05/04/14 Jerry Griffith, 25, of Matamoras was charged with Arrest Prior to Requisition for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 05/04/14 Anthony McCole, 24, of Dingmans Ferry was charged with two counts of Criminal Mischief for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 05/08/14 Theresa Edwards, 37, of Port Jervis was charged with Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/09/14 Michael Fitzpatrick, 47, of Port Jervis was charged with Public Drunkenness for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 05/09/14 Heidi Messenger, 49, of Port Jervis was charged with Public Drunkenness for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department would like to remind all residents to keep their vehicles and homes locked. Please report all suspicious activity immediately.
Neighborhood updates are available at www.eprpd.org. Follow Us on Facebook & Twitter.