On May 25, 2014 at approximately 10:15p.m. the Eastern Pike Regional Police Department was dispatched to an armed robbery occurring on Pennsylvania Avenue between 2nd and 4th street in Matamoras Borough. The victim described the suspect as a male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and grey shorts with a black handgun.
The victim had stopped for a pedestrian in a crosswalk when the suspect opened the passenger door and pointed a gun at the victim demanding the victim to drive. The perpetrator had the victim drive him towards the river bank where he stole a credit card and punched the victim in the face before fleeing over the riverbank.
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department is actively pursuing all leads and asks citizens with information to call Assistant Chief Stewart at 570-491-4040 or email your tip to email@example.com
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department are Continuing efforts to improve pedestrian safety in Matamoras Borough by continuing crosswalk enforcement initiatives along Pennsylvania Avenue.
The crosswalk awareness initiatives involve an off-duty, undercover police officer posing as a pedestrian crossing at a crosswalk. If oncoming drivers don’t stop for the pedestrian—as required by law—the vehicle will be pulled over by a marked patrol car further down the street.
Motorists can face fines of $50.00 for failure to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk. Crosswalk awareness initiatives are planned throughout the Borough with additional “yield to pedestrians in cross walk” signs being posted. Locations chosen are close to homes and businesses where the cross walks are used frequently.
The crosswalk awareness initiative is funded through a grant from the Aggressive Driving Special Projects Program funded by the Pennsylvania Department of transportation. Because the program uses off-duty police officers, it does not divert police resources from other crime-fighting efforts.
- 04/01/14 Christopher Morales, 35, of Montague NJ was charged with Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Tri-State Computer.
- 04/14/14 Kelly Smith, 49, of Dingmans Township was charged with Driving Under the Influence for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 04/29/14 M Michael Mansfield, 47, of Milford was charged with Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 04/29/14 Veronica Gleason, 28, of Poughkeepsie was charged with Disorderly Conduct for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/01/14 A 15 year old male from Port Jervis was charged with Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, Resisting Arrest, False ID to law enforcement, and Disorderly Conduct for an incident occurring in Matamoras Borough.
- 05/01/14 Rebecca Rinaldo, 25, of Matamoras was charged with Harassment for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 05/03/14 Megan Comfort, 26, of Matamoras was charged with Defiant Trespass and Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/03/14 Kelly Dean, 46, of Matamoras was charged with Defiant Trespass for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/03/14 Sara Rowland, 23, of Matamoras was charged with Defiant Trespass and Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/04/14, Tranelle Drake, 24 of Port Jervis was charged with Flight to avoid apprehension and Receiving stolen property for an incident occurring in Matamoras Borough.
- 05/04/14 Jerry Griffith, 25, of Matamoras was charged with Arrest Prior to Requisition for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 05/04/14 Anthony McCole, 24, of Dingmans Ferry was charged with two counts of Criminal Mischief for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 05/08/14 Theresa Edwards, 37, of Port Jervis was charged with Retail Theft for an incident occurring at Wal-Mart.
- 05/09/14 Michael Fitzpatrick, 47, of Port Jervis was charged with Public Drunkenness for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
- 05/09/14 Heidi Messenger, 49, of Port Jervis was charged with Public Drunkenness for an incident occurring in Westfall Township.
The Eastern Pike Regional Police Department would like to remind all residents to keep their vehicles and homes locked. Please report all suspicious activity immediately.
Neighborhood updates are available at www.eprpd.org. Follow Us on Facebook & Twitter.
Matamoras, PA – The Port Jervis, New York and Eastern Pike Regional, Pennsylvania, Police Departments are conducting coordinated Click It or Ticket “Border to Border” operation on May 19, 2014.
In 2012, of the 21,667 who were killed in motor vehicle crashes nationwide, 52 percent were not wearing seat belts at the time of their fatal crashes.
Law enforcement agencies will conduct operations for four hours. Hoping to send a “0 tolerance” message to the public: driving or riding unbuckled will result in a ticket, no matter what state.
Strategies will include Traffic Enforcement Zones, Traffic Safety Checkpoints and Roving Patrols to target night time drivers, indentified unbelted crash roadways, and high visibility locations utilizing an “Enforcement Only and 0 Tolerance Approach”.
Port Jervis Police Department program is funded through the New York State Governor Traffic Safety Program and Buckle Up New York.
Eastern Pike Regional Police Department is funded through the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.